Marazion Holiday Activities and Attractions
St Michael's Mount is recognised throughout the world and is just a few minutes walk from our Marazion Holiday Cottage. There's plenty to do during your stay - and lots to do without the car - visit the Great Scenic Railways of Devon and Cornwall web site for rail information and other links.
Try starting with Marazion: The Official Guide.
Marazion sea front is just a minute’s walk from The Haven. It's a great place to stroll and look across the bay towards Newlyn and Mousehole in one direction and the Lizard Peninsula in the other.
Marazion Marshes are well known for migrant and native bird watching. And of course, we are right by St. Michael's Mount which can be reached by walking the causeway at low tide. Marazion beach also has a fenced children's playground.
The location is convenient for walking the South West Way and for cycling the country lanes. Broad expanses of golden sand slope gently to the waters edge. There are rock pools to explore and plenty of space for games.
The Haven is convenient for bus routes to Penzance and Falmouth and there is a mainline railway station at Penzance. Historic Penzance has a wide range of shops and facilities and several large supermarkets and the photo opposite shows the famous lighthouse at Penzance. Many National Trust and English Heritage properties and Gardens in Cornwall can be found nearby
The Haven is an ideal base for visits to the famous surf beaches of Sennen, Hayle, Newquay and Watergate Bay. Kite surfing is another popular activity. Sea fishing trips leave from the many harbours near Marazion.
- Newlyn School of Art is based in the
famous artists' colony of Newlyn in West Cornwall and provides inspiring art courses in painting, drawing, sculpture, pottery and printmaking taught by many of the best known artists working in Cornwall today. They do lots of short courses – have a look
and see if there is one for you when you are on holiday: Website.
- Short courses are also available at St Ives School of Painting
- Cornish Mines - www.cornish-mining.org.uk will help you plan visits to Cornish
mining world heritage sites
- Guided Walks - www.exploreincornwall.co.uk guided-walks - for guided wildlife
walks, special days out for families. They may be able to help with
equipment and transport
- Be Green - www.coastproject.co.uk - practise, encourage and incite one planet tourism - at every opportunity - for anything you want to know about being a Green visitor to Cornwall
- Kite surfing/boarding: www.oceanhigh.co.uk
- Surfing for children and adults: www.sennensurfingcentre.com
- Surf experience days: www.globalboarders.com based in Marazion
- Fishing, mackerel, wreck and reef fishing, coastal cruising, rib rides: www.cornwallboattrips.co.uk/boat-trips-penzance-cornwall
- Sea safaris - wildlife watching from the water: www.marinediscovery.co.uk
- Ride Cornwall - Leave the car at the Haven
and have a day out using a Ride Cornwall ticket - it calls at Marazion: www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/devon_cornwall/tickets/cornwall/
- Coasteering - Kernow Coasteering is the UK's most westerly coasteering and rock climbing centre www.kernow-coasteering.co.uk
- The Hoxton Special is a Cafe and Watersports Centre in Mounts Bay Marazion Cornwall. BKSA Kitesurfing Courses. Paddleboad Hire/Lessons, Coffee and Yoga.
For anyone who loves the sea, the cliffs and Cornwall scenery, The Haven is an ideal holiday cottage.
Marazion is an ideal base from which to explore the whole of West Cornwall.